Your search results

Energy performance certificate

Dear Client,

the Spanish government confirmed on the 5th of April that all existing homes in Spain which are for sale or rent will need an “energy performance certificate” from the 1st of June 2013. The owner of the home, building, or business premises will be responsible for obtaining and paying for the certificate, which they will need in order to sell or lease their home. In addition to the certificate, each home will also receive a series of recommendations to improve the energy performance of the home and enable it to go up at least one level in the energy efficiency scale.

Any property for sale or rent being advertised without an energy performance certificate can be fined (owners & estate agencies from 3000 Euros to 6000 Euros). We can offer a qualified, experienced team of domestic and commercial Assessors who will provide a fully registered and approved energy performance certificate.

What is an energy certificate?

It is a report that describes how efficient a home is in terms of energy consumption. It assigns an energy rating to each home on a scale which ranges from “A” (the most efficient) to “G” (the least efficient).

Who can issue an energy efficiency certificate?

Our qualified assessors are here to help you through the process.

Will the technician need to visit the property?

Yes. They have to visit the property to take measurements and collect information about the property before drawing up and certifying the report.

How much is the energy certificate?

Depending on the size of your property.
– up to 100 m² – € 250 + IVA
– between 100 m² – 200 m² – € 375 + IVA
– between 200 m² – 300 m² – € 500 + IVA
– over 300 m² – € 630 + IVA

Who needs an energy certificate?

All properties that are being sold or renting out (even holiday rentals).

How long is the energy certificate valid for?

The certificate is valid for 10 years. This means owners will not have to obtain a new certificate during this period unless they renovate or change the property in any way.

Can I obtain an energy certificate before the 1st of June?

Yes, however it will not be obligatory until the 1st of June.

Will I be fined if I do not have an energy certificate?

Yes, the government will fine all properties listed for sale or rent that do not have an energy certificate.

Will a low rating affect the sale of my home? Can I sell it without any problems?

You are free to sell your home. The only way it will affect a sale is how the rating influences the buyer.

If I want to sell my home and it has a poor energy rating, such as D, E or F, am I obliged to make any improvements?

No, you are not obliged to make any improvements even if your property has a low rating.

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Compare Listings